Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ready or Not

As usual summer has faded away faster than a three year old's ice cream cone in July. I move up to school on Saturday. Have I done any packing? No. But surprisingly I am pretty ready for school. By ready I mean I have bought my five-star notebook, pens, and even a few books. This summer has been great. It started off a little slow, but turned out to be a real winner. I guess I didn't do too many exciting things, but here are a few things that may be noteworthy. 

I went to Idaho with my family to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. It was great, a little chaotic, but mostly great. We went on a river trip, ate a ton of food, played some games, and had a big birthday party for Grandpa.




My Grandma found this picture of her and my Grandpa from a Christmas a very long time ago. Don't you just think it is the cutest thing? I love the suspenders! I love that they are just as in love today as they were when this picture was taken.

I also went kayaking with my friend Robbie one weekend at East Canyon. It was great. I felt like it was a perfect summer day up in the mountains with the sun shining on my face. It was so sunny that I got a terrible burn on my shoulders.This is me and my friend Tifanee trying to fit both of us in a one person kayak, we sunk at first, but then we found a way to make it work.


I also got my very fist pedicure with my wonderful Mom. It was amazing.

Today I went to my niece Lucy's first soccer game. It was like 100 degrees outside, so she wasn't that excited about running around, but it was still cute. The cutest thing was before the game when Izzy gave Lucy a big pep talk about scoring goals and playing her best. Izzy is such a good big sister.




Overall summer has been great, and I am excited for school to start because it is my last semester of classes! Then I will student teach in the spring and then become a bona-fide teacher! It is bitter sweet really, as most things in life are. So farewell to summer and all it's summertime magic, you have truly been good to me.

3 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

oh kayla. i do very much love your short hair. and then i looked at your pic at the top of your blog with your longer hair. and i love that too! so i guess what i'm trying to say is you're just really so dang cute and i really miss you friend. good luck with your last semester :) xo

Petrice and Caleb Rose said...

I agree with what Mar said... your hair is beautiful, you are beautiful and you are going to make an awesome teacher! yay for last semesters

Pam Youngs said...

Dad and I miss you lots but we're excited for your last semester and then the awesome student teaching and you will be AWESOME! Love to you and good luck with school and everything!