Well I guess I have been tagged, which in the cyber world means I have to write a bunch of stuff about myself. I rarely make time for blogging but I have found myself with a little extra time, so here it goes:Game Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
Here is a picture of me and Sam. It was pretty much the only one I have of me saved on this computer so there you go.
1. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
2. I love having a pillow on my lap when I am sitting. For some reason I think holding something is really comfortable and so I usually always have a pillow, blanket, my coat, my purse, my backpack, anything on my lap.
3. I hate it when it rains and is sunny at the same time, unless the result is an awesome rainbow or something.
4. I love the taste of vanilla, but I hate the smell (like a scented candle), but I am addicted to my vanilla scented chapstick, which actually tastes like sugar cookies to me.
5. I am totally addicted to chapstick and I panic when I don't have it. It will seriously ruin my whole day and I will frantically search for an alternative. One time I lost my chapstick walking home from school and on my next time walking home I searched the sidewalk for it. I found it in the grass and did I use it? You bet I did.
6. I have a slightly webbed toe on my left foot, and no it does not make me a better swimmer.
7. I really really really hate eating ice cream with a metal spoon, or any cold food item.
8. I secretly wish I was an amazing singer and could play all kinds of instruments, when in reality I have pretty much zero musical talent. However, you will see me frequently belting things out in my car, especially Kelly Clarkson, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey.
9. If I could I would drop everything in my life and move to an excluded cabin in the woods with a dog, some baking supplies, art supplies, a ton of books, and a garden. I would do it in a heart beat.
10. I have always wanted to write a book, but I have no idea what it would be about.
11. I probably know the lyrics to every single counting crows song as a result of my childhood.
11 Questions from Torrie:
1. What is your dream job?
I would love to be a great baker. One day I want to own a gourmet bakery and just brighten everyone's day with delicious foods. The best thing I think I can bake? Homemade chocolate chip cookies, it can only go up from their right?
2. What is the most recent book you have read, and what did you think of it?
Besides high school history text books? Well the last book I read is called Sarah's Key. I thought it was a pretty good book but I didn't fall in love with it because I had a hard time relating to the main character. I thought I would really like it because it is about victims of the Holocaust but it just didn't reach out to me. But I thought it was well written and I would also like to see the movie that was based on the book.
3. What was the best concert you've ever been to?
This is a difficult one, but I will just chose one really cool one. I was able to go to the Paul McCartney concert for free because of my friend Jenna. It was life changing. That is all.
4. Did you have a list of qualities growing up that you wanted in a future spouse? Did the list change, or did your significant other have all the qualities listed already?
I'm not sure if I had one from when I was a child, but I did make one a few years ago. Then after a few significant events in my life I realized that having a list was not the important thing, but rather I needed to make sure that I had all the qualities I wanted in myself. So I guess you could say the list changed in a way. I am sure I made many lists during Young Womens lessons or activities. Does Sam meet all the requirements on my list? Well he is a little different than some of the things that I wanted but the qualities he does have are exceptional. I love that he is so kind, willing to learn anything, extremely helpful, he always listens to what I have to say even if it is totally crazy, a hard worker, smart, motivating, understanding, hilarious, fun, and yes he is a returned missionary and temple worthy (to satisfy the Young Women's list). And he can play the bass like a boss, so yeah, he meets the requirements of my list...
5. Greek yogurt: yes or no?
Yes, I love it, but only the really fattly kind :)
6. Would you rather have the capacity to fly or read minds?
I would rather read minds. I am always trying to figure people out and analyze things so that would be awesome. As long as I could turn it off when I didn't want to hear some people's thoughts.
7. What reality t.v. show would you want to be a part of?
Definitely the Amazing Race. I want to be on that show!
8. What is your go-to meal when you have to fix something up really quick? (share the recipe!)
Well I pretty much love making homemade pizza, but Torrie you already have that recipe. So another thing I like to make is Chicken Enchiladas. Its just about 1/2 pound of cooked and cubed chicken (or canned chicken), 1/2 C of cheese, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper to taste, and about 3/4 C of milk. Mix it all together and spoon it into about 6 large tortillas, wrap and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Leave a little bit of the sauce mixture, add more milk and cheese, pour over the top and sprinkle more cheese over the top if desired :) (I always do). Bake for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. It is super fast, easy, and delicious.
9. What is one of your life dreams that you see yourself accomplishing in the next year?
Well this is the year of big changes in my life, but one big dream I guess is being totally done with school, which I will achieve this spring. I cannot wait to be done with school! I get so excited just thinking about it. When I am done I will have my second bachelors in secondary education (my first was in Political Science). I am not going to lie, I think it's pretty cool that I have gone to school for what I wanted and finished two degrees.
10. When have you been the most proud of yourself?
One thing that made me really proud was when I was an SI instructor at Utah State and I got this e-mail about something one of my students had written about me. She had to write about a person who had helped her or someone she looked up to and she chose to write about me and how I had helped her in her class. I felt so happy that she would think of me and so glad that I had helped at least one person with my teaching. When I get depressed about student teaching I try to think of those great teaching moments I had as an SI and remind myself that it took me a long time to become a good SI leader, so I need to just stick with teaching and keep trying.
11. What kind thing has someone done for you this week?
I feel like while I have been student teaching people are doing nice things for me all the time. I have to admit that this is a very selfish time of my life because I feel so stressed about getting everything I have to done. So here are a few things: My mom making dinner for me and Sam almost every night, Sam listening to me complain almost every night, Sam rubbing my shoulders seriously at leat 5 times a week, and my dad helping me fix my old broken down car all the time. I am surrounded by kind people.
Who am I tagging? Haley Higginson and Rachel Macrae
My 11 Questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
2. What is the best story you have about living with roommates?
3. If you could sing karaoke to any song, what would it be?
4. What is the nicest thing someone could do for you?
5. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done with you?
6. When you decided to marry your significant, how did you know he was the one?
7. Describe your perfect meal.
8. Describe your perfect day, if you could do anything you wanted, with anyone you wanted.
9. What is something you condsider a great achievement in your life?
10. If you could have picked a different major, what would it have been?
11. What is your best childhood memory?