Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Happy Happy Day.

I just want to announce that I am done with student teaching!!!! Woo hoo for me! I could not be happier. After many tired days, tears, feelings of insanity, I am finally done. Even though I had a rough start I can honestly say that I still want to be a teacher and that I enjoyed having students. They really are the best part. Now I just hope that I can find a teaching job close by. This means that I am pretty much done with school! Happy 2nd degree to me!

I must say, life is pretty good right now. Sam and I had a wonderful weekend that started off with a free showing of the play South Pacific. The play was good, but I was so tired and had a headache the whole time that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could. Plus it was just pretty long.... Then on Saturday we made a delicious breakfast and headed to Salt Lake to see our friends Torrie and Matt finish the Salt Lake Marathon! They were so awesome. We barely saw them finish and actually had to run a few blocks ourselves to see them cross the finish line. I think it is so amazing that they did that together and I could not be prouder of them. Will Sam and I ever run a marathon together? Probably not, but maybe a half marathon.

As we were walking back to the car we took a little stroll in temple square because the flowers were so amazing! I just kept saying that to Sam, "these are amazing" and "this is so pretty!" And they really were. It was a beautiful day. Later we did a ton of wedding errands and then had a little dinner with the family. We met some of my family at a park and had a little mini game of frisbee. On Sunday we had a lovely time at church and then went out to see this little house that Sam's brother might buy. It was just a wonderful, warm, fun, and enjoyable weekend.

Here are some pictures in no particular order:









Finally, I have made an observation. Wedding planning is not as stressful as everyone makes it out to be. Maybe Sam is just so amazing and never complains about wedding stuff. And I have super helpful parents and future in-laws and siblings. Maybe it will get crazier, but so far everything has worked out, and I am actually enjoying it :)

2 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

yeah, i didn't think it was as crazy stressful as people said either. some things (like bridesmaids and bridesmaids dresses) proved to be a bit difficult, but overall, the planning really wasn't too bad. and i had just a couple months, like you. it's such a fun time, just remember, if things do start to get a little crazy, that you'll only go through this once and enjoy it while it's all happening! i often wish i could do it again :)

Torrie said...

How I missed reading this post earlier, I don't know, especially since that's a pretty awesome picture of Matt and I finishing our little marathon :) Tee hee!

I'm really glad you like wedding planning. I'm just glad I never have to do it again. Yay for June 23rd! Can't wait for you guys!