Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The glass is half full

As I was sitting waiting for my class to start today, a fellow student came in and asked how my day was. I said it had been okay and then naturally asked how his had been. He told me that he was having the best day ever. He went through his whole day and told me all the reasons why he was having such a great day. Nothing that happened to him today was really that outstanding, but his amazingly positive attitude made it all seem so perfect. He then apologized to me for having to listen about his day, but I said I said there was no reason for apologies. I told him that his optimism had rubbed off on me, and I have been in a pretty good mood ever since. What if everyone had the same outlook as my classmate? Just a thought...


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good advice my wise sister.

Debi said...

Kayla. I miss you. Come visit.