Thursday, March 19, 2009

Best Day Ever

I had the best day of my life, so I figure its worth blogging about. So I woke up on a crisp Tuesday morning with the sun shinging through my window. I got to sleep in until a wonderful 9:30 am. Then at approximately 10:00 am, my phone rang. "Who could this be" I thought. As I checked the number it was one I didn't recognize. I answered, it "Hello", when all of the sudden I got the best news ever. It was Orrin Hatch's office offering me an internship for this Fall. YES! I accepted the offer right away. After recieving this wonderful news, I proceeded to live one of the best days ever. Since this was a Tuesday, I didn't have class all day. I took a little walk outside and then leisurely read the whole day. (I am reading 1984, which is a pretty interesting book). Then I went and taught an SI session, which went relatively well. After my SI I had the pleasure of meeting my friends at Pizza Plus and finished the night off re-living my childhood by watching The Land Before Time. Overall it was a fantastic stress free wonderful day.
Really it was mostly the internship that made the day so good. I had thought that I wanted a summer internship, but after visiting DC for Spring Break (which was really great) I realized how expensive it was going to be to live there. So now I can work and save money, spend time with the family, and just enjoy the summer. Also there is another big reason why being home for the summer is so great, because my roommate Abby is engaged! Holy cow! It happened pretty fast, but we are all really excited. The greatest part is that she is engaged to David, one of the Pizza Plus boys (please refer to December's blog about my Pizza Plus experience). Ha ha, it's so great. So Abby and David are getting married at the end of July and now I get to go to their wedding extravaganza stuff. Well, this blog is long enough. Oh, also Tuesday was St. Patrick's day. So maybe that had to do with all my luck... Basically life is great, and that's that.

A really great picture of Abby trying to be a boy:


This is David. He doesn't actually wear these glasses, but I think he should...

They are in love :)

6 comments:

Kelli Serafine said...

hahahaha. I love that picture of David and Abby! It's great! I'm glad Tuesday was a great day for you. Maybe you could add it was a great day because I hardly even saw you that day. Oh wait, that would make it a horrible, no good, very bad day. Anyways Congrats on the internship! It's going to be awesome! Don't forget I want all the inside scoop with Orrin's office.

Kelli Serafine said...

hahahaha. I love that picture of David and Abby! It's great! I'm glad Tuesday was a great day for you. Maybe you could add it was a great day because I hardly even saw you that day. Oh wait, that would make it a horrible, no good, very bad day. Anyways Congrats on the internship! It's going to be awesome! Don't forget I want all the inside scoop with Orrin's office.

John + Bethany said...

Yay for Kayla! Other great things about a fall internship: D.C. in the summer is so hot and so humid and can often be miserable. On the other hand, fall in D.C. is so beautiful! Also, you get to hang out with me this summer now. :-)

Another yay for Abby getting engaged, that's super exciting for her.

Debi said...

I'm so happy for you Kayla! You really deserve good and happy things in life. I hear you're going to have another awesome summer of flower planting........oh the memories that brings back. Anyway, it will be great because I can drive around Bountiful with the kids all summer and honk at you. congrats! you are a maniac!

Rachel said...

Mom told me about your internship, congratulations! It's exactly what you wanted. Now we can hang out during the summer. Is this your 5th year at the city? You have outlasted even the master of all masters.

Kayla said...

Outlasting the Master of all Masters will be my greatest accomplishment in life...