Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jerry West: The only good thing about the Lakers.

I would just like to announce that I celebrated my one month anniversary of being in DC this week. Time has really flown, and yet I have so much time left here. It's bitter sweet really. This week has actually been pretty good, and I even met my first celebrity, Jerry West. However, had I seen him on the street I never would have known that he was anyone special. Apparently he is in the top 50 NBA Hall of Fame and played for the Lakers back in the day, and at one point even owned the team. So yeah. He was a super nice guy. We even got to talk with him for a while and got to walk with him back to our office. So there you go. You never know who you are going to meet. This week I also went to my first Major Leage Baseball game. The Nationals played the Dodgers, and it was actually a close game, even though the Nationals are ranked as the 2nd worse team this year. Finally, I would like to say that I felt like a true DC local when during my daily commute I said aloud, "Come on people, walk left stand right" when people were blocking the walking side of the escalator. I think I need to get back to Utah soon...

3 comments:

Debi said...

Wow. Jerry West. I've always been a huge fan. That is great news that you got to meet him. Did you get his autograph?

Rachel said...

Does Debi even know who Jerry West is, because I don't. That's still cool that you met him though. I'm totally yelling at idiots on the road when I'm driving, but I'm just in my car and no one can hear me.

Kayla said...

I have a pretty good feeling that Debi does not know Jerry West. But not I didn't get his autograph. Rach, remember when you met Thurl Bailey? It's like we are equals now.