Thursday, December 23, 2010

Birthday

I have noticed something about birthdays lately. For some reason many people in this world have decided that liking their own birthday is an unacceptable notion. It's like saying you are excited for your birthday makes you selfish, or conceded even. Well my friends, I am not afraid to say that I like my birthday. Is it so wrong to enjoy celebrating another year of your life? I don't think so. Maybe it is because my birthday also falls on the holiday that the rest of the world celebrates as well, but maybe it is just because birthdays are awesome. It isn't because I want people to buy me presents or treat me special, I just like my birthday. I get to spend time with all the people I like and do fun things, what is so bad about that? I haven't exactly decided what I will do for my birthday this year, and maybe I won't do anything out of the ordinary, but no matter what, I will like it, and I am not afraid to admit it.

3 comments:

Petrice and Caleb Rose said...

I am also a proud lover of my birthday!!! I love seeing myself getting to ages I had never been able to imagine myself being when I was younger. Probably because I feel exactly the same... or so it seems. Love your posts Kayla and I know you'll have an awesome birthday as usual!!
P.S. Great job on whooping your GIS class! that's awesome :)

John + Bethany said...

I too love my birthday but I am married to someone who doesn't like to make a big deal out of his...or anyone else's or any holiday for that matter so I'm learning to adjust.

Anyway, I think it's great to be excited about it-I'm sad I won't be there to celebrate with you but I will be thinking about you. Hope you enjoy your day!

Rachel said...

It's okay to love your birthday. Remember when I threw myself my own party and made myself a cake because I wanted to do something fun and knew that was the only way it was going to happen.